|Published:||Oct 26, 2012 11:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 29, 2012 11:08 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- The Florida Everblades donned both "Sticks and 'Staches" for a good cause Friday night. Men, women and children proudly sported their 'staches to raise awareness for mens' healthcare.
"Mustache Me" encourages men to talk to their doctors about prostate exams.
Organizer Scott Strachan said, "pPeople get a kick out of it...I definitely don't wear a mustache all the time, so it's unexpected but a lot of fun."
Nine dollars from every ticket sold will go to 21st Century Care and Mustache Me of Southwest Florida. A few Everblades players plan to grow their real mustaches during November to show their support.
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash