|Published:||Oct 26, 2012 5:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2012 5:33 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Lee County sheriff's detectives hope someone will be able to help identify a woman caught on video stealing someone's purse from a shopping cart. The theft occurred shortly after 6:30 p.m. on October 24 in the parking lot of the Target, located at 13711 South Tamiami Trail. The victim tells deputies she unloaded her shopping cart into her car, but forgot her purse in the shopping cart.
The suspect, a black female dressed in a teal colored shirt and accompanied by a small child, exited the Target after the victim. In the video, another patron sees the purse in the cart and appears to ask the suspect if the purse is hers. You can see the suspect walk over to the shopping cart, grab the purse and walk back to her vehicle.
If you know the identity of this suspect or anything about this crime, call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at 477-1340. Or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000, call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS. Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org, through the TipSubmit app on any iPhone or by texting a tip to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Dr. Burke giving last speech before retirement
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year