|Published:||Oct 26, 2012 12:09 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2012 12:36 AM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla - A Naples teen is crowned champion at the world championship flowboarding competition in Utah. 14-year-old Xana Nash competed in the competition earlier this month.
Xana and her dad travel to Orlando once a week to practice and her hard work paid off. Xana is now the youngest to ever hold the title of world champion in that sport.
"I was very happy," says Xana. "I've been working very hard for this and to finally win and finally have the title that you can hold forever is really awesome."
Flowboarding is a combination of skateboarding, snowboarding and surfing.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained