|Published:||Oct 26, 2012 12:09 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2012 12:36 AM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla - A Naples teen is crowned champion at the world championship flowboarding competition in Utah. 14-year-old Xana Nash competed in the competition earlier this month.
Xana and her dad travel to Orlando once a week to practice and her hard work paid off. Xana is now the youngest to ever hold the title of world champion in that sport.
"I was very happy," says Xana. "I've been working very hard for this and to finally win and finally have the title that you can hold forever is really awesome."
Flowboarding is a combination of skateboarding, snowboarding and surfing.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser