|Published:||Oct 26, 2012 12:09 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2012 12:36 AM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla - A Naples teen is crowned champion at the world championship flowboarding competition in Utah. 14-year-old Xana Nash competed in the competition earlier this month.
Xana and her dad travel to Orlando once a week to practice and her hard work paid off. Xana is now the youngest to ever hold the title of world champion in that sport.
"I was very happy," says Xana. "I've been working very hard for this and to finally win and finally have the title that you can hold forever is really awesome."
Flowboarding is a combination of skateboarding, snowboarding and surfing.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed