|Published:||Oct 26, 2012 10:32 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2012 10:32 AM EDT|
KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) - The Monroe County Sheriff's Office is featuring missing persons and other unsolved cases on its Facebook page.
A sheriff's office statement says the goal is to reinvigorate long unsolved cases and perhaps help people remember details which might help solve a few of them.
The cases will be posted on a new "Florida Keys Missing and Unsolved" Facebook page. Visitors can read about those who have been reported missing, bodies that remain unidentified or unsolved murders and other major crimes which still haven't been resolved.
Major Crimes Unit Sgt. Linda Mixon says maybe someone who was reluctant at first to cooperate "has grown up, or changed their mind." She also says maybe someone heard from a person reported missing and just didn't notify authorities.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- SWFL residents join in March Against Monsanto
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- 90 acre brush fire in Charlotte County
- Immokalee man bites another mans ear off
- FWC hits water during 'Busiest Boating Weekend'