|Published:||Oct 26, 2012 10:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2012 10:29 AM EDT|
PALM BAY, Fla. (AP) - Police say a 19-year-old is recovering after a botched attempt to jump over a moving car in Palm Bay.
Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/R5hGmO ) reported Friday that Bladimir Barreto was conscious and bleeding when he was flown to Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne after the Wednesday evening accident.
Police say Barreto was attempting the jump for a video to show his athletic prowess to college football recruiters. Barreto graduated from West Melbourne Christian Academy two years ago and played for the now defunct Brevard Grizzlies, an amateur football team.
Palm Bay police spokeswoman Yvonne Martinez says he's ucky his injuries weren't worse. Police say Barreto was likely trying to simulate videos he's seen on the Internet.
Barreto's brother was filming as another brother drove the car he tried to jump over.
Information from: Florida Today (Melbourne, Fla.), http://www.floridatoday.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January