PALM BAY, Fla. (AP) - Police say a 19-year-old is recovering after a botched attempt to jump over a moving car in Palm Bay.
Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/R5hGmO ) reported Friday that Bladimir Barreto was conscious and bleeding when he was flown to Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne after the Wednesday evening accident.
Police say Barreto was attempting the jump for a video to show his athletic prowess to college football recruiters. Barreto graduated from West Melbourne Christian Academy two years ago and played for the now defunct Brevard Grizzlies, an amateur football team.
Palm Bay police spokeswoman Yvonne Martinez says he's ucky his injuries weren't worse. Police say Barreto was likely trying to simulate videos he's seen on the Internet.
Barreto's brother was filming as another brother drove the car he tried to jump over.
Information from: Florida Today (Melbourne, Fla.), http://www.floridatoday.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.