|Published:||Oct 26, 2012 10:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 27, 2012 12:03 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, fL. - Southwest Florida is becoming a destination for country music. The "Taste and Tunes" concert and The "Lakeside Country Bash" are bringing stars like Sara Evans and Alan Jackson here.
An area business is helping build the country fan base. Dixie Roadhouse in Cape Coral is working with area radio stations to lure country stars to this area and feed a growing demand for this music genre.
Arkansas natives Tim and Becca Kroeger grew up on country music.
"It's kind of in our blood," Tim says.
And they're not the only ones. Lynn Pippenger with Dixie Roadhouse says they've been here for about a year playing to a crowd that loves line dancing and country tunes. and now, they're answering another demand.
"We're just getting into live music, we're doing some shows with Cat Country and we're doing some shows ourselves," she says.
Luring in popular groups like Gloriana. Christine Bailey with Lee County Parks and Rec says, because country music has a growing following here in Southwest Florida, Southwest Florida is a growing destination for these stars.
"Southwest Florida has grown in leaps and bounds ... we're on the brink of snowbirds coming back in and we're often finding that the snowbirds aren't leaving. now you're seeing younger families coming in and country music surrounds that atmosphere," she says.
Alan Jackson is the headliner for the "4th Annual Lakeside Country Bash." Organizers are expecting almost 7-thousand people to attend.
"This is good for us bringing in these new acts because they probably don't even know where fort myers florida is so by building the genre... that's how we got Alan Jackson because before we had Sugarland, we had Blake Shelton and Darius Rucker," she adds.
The Lakeside Country Bash is on November 30th in Lakes Park. Gloriana will be playing at Dixie Roadhouse on the 7th.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'