|Published:||Oct 26, 2012 11:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2012 11:16 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Attorneys for Casey Anthony are asking for a venue change in her upcoming defamation trial.
Her attorneys filed paperwork this week seeking to have the trail moved out of Orange County. The Orlando Sentinel reports the attorney's argued that Anthony can never get an impartial jury due to pretrial publicity.
Anthony was acquitted last year of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. Her attorneys argue that "the local media refuses to move on" and that the public feels as though "justice was not served" in the criminal case.
After Caylee disappeared in the summer of 2008, Anthony told investigators that a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzalez had kidnapped the toddler. Gonzalez later sued Anthony, claiming her reputation had been ruined.
The lawsuit is set for trial in January.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans