|Published:||Oct 26, 2012 11:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2012 11:16 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Attorneys for Casey Anthony are asking for a venue change in her upcoming defamation trial.
Her attorneys filed paperwork this week seeking to have the trail moved out of Orange County. The Orlando Sentinel reports the attorney's argued that Anthony can never get an impartial jury due to pretrial publicity.
Anthony was acquitted last year of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. Her attorneys argue that "the local media refuses to move on" and that the public feels as though "justice was not served" in the criminal case.
After Caylee disappeared in the summer of 2008, Anthony told investigators that a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzalez had kidnapped the toddler. Gonzalez later sued Anthony, claiming her reputation had been ruined.
The lawsuit is set for trial in January.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti