|Published:||Oct 25, 2012 4:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 25, 2012 4:18 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A Roman Catholic priest in Miami has been placed on administrative leave due to a pending sex abuse lawsuit.
The Archdiocese of Miami made the announcement Wednesday. A statement says the Archdiocese had no prior notice of the allegation against Roland Garcia, pastor of St. Agatha Catholic Church. The lawsuit also names the Archdiocese.
The statement also says the Archdiocese will offer counseling to the alleged victim and conduct an investigation.
Garcia was placed on leave in August when another allegation was made against him. The Archdiocese says an investigation found the allegation was not credible and Garcia was allowed to return to his parish.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba