|Published:||Oct 25, 2012 4:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 25, 2012 4:18 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A Roman Catholic priest in Miami has been placed on administrative leave due to a pending sex abuse lawsuit.
The Archdiocese of Miami made the announcement Wednesday. A statement says the Archdiocese had no prior notice of the allegation against Roland Garcia, pastor of St. Agatha Catholic Church. The lawsuit also names the Archdiocese.
The statement also says the Archdiocese will offer counseling to the alleged victim and conduct an investigation.
Garcia was placed on leave in August when another allegation was made against him. The Archdiocese says an investigation found the allegation was not credible and Garcia was allowed to return to his parish.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys