|Published:||Oct 25, 2012 3:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 25, 2012 3:57 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in Jacksonville are trying to find family members of an hours-old baby abandoned at an apartment complex.
The Jacksonville Times-Union reports the baby girl was found Wednesday wrapped in a towel on the ground in front of an apartment that has been vacant since July. Police say the baby appears to be healthy and is now at a hospital.
The state Department of Children and Families is also investigating. Spokesman John Harrell says they are trying to locate family members who qualify to take care of the child.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire