|Published:||Oct 25, 2012 3:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 25, 2012 3:57 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in Jacksonville are trying to find family members of an hours-old baby abandoned at an apartment complex.
The Jacksonville Times-Union reports the baby girl was found Wednesday wrapped in a towel on the ground in front of an apartment that has been vacant since July. Police say the baby appears to be healthy and is now at a hospital.
The state Department of Children and Families is also investigating. Spokesman John Harrell says they are trying to locate family members who qualify to take care of the child.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle