|Published:||Oct 25, 2012 5:25 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2012 10:37 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A Call for Action warning again about an ad in Thursday's News-Press. The ad offered uncut sheets of money. The ad said if you saw your zip code printed, you won big bucks.
This is the third time WINK News has come across the ad. The ad said over 48 hours, uncut sheets of money, never circulated, were being released by the World Reserve Monetary Exchange but only to those people who beat the order deadline. Don't waste your money.
The ad said if your zip code was featured, you were supposed to call right away and give your credit card or debt card number over the phone and the government issued, uncut sheets of money, would be sent to you. This is only after you purchase a Vault Wallet for $29 plus shipping.
WINK News Call for Action Investigator Genevieve Judge called the number to ask questions but was placed on hold, left messages and her calls were never returned.
In the ads before, the value of the money may or may not be worth the money you paid, depending on the collector's value. The World Reserve Monetary Exchange said you can make thousands of dollars but it's unknown when the uncut money would hold that value.
A warning and reminder, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. The Lee County Sheriff's Office also told WINK News they don't know for sure if the ad is bogus but they're warning buyer beware.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption