COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- The Collier County Sheriff’s Office was one of 43 sheriff’s offices statewide that participated in a recent operation that resulted in 11,875 felony arrests across Florida.
The Florida Sheriffs Task Force led "Operation Felon Sweep." The operation focused on removing violent felons, felons with outstanding warrants, and sexual offenders and predators from our communities.
During the sweep, which ran from Sept. 28 through Oct. 22, CCSO made 182 felony arrests resulting in 265 felony charges and 118 misdemeanor charges. Deputies also confiscated seven guns, 12.49 pounds of marijuana, 49.7 grams of cocaine, 331 grams of prescription pills and $56,015 cash.
The Florida Sheriffs Task Force pools resources from the 67 Sheriff Offices to address specific areas of concern. Past task forces have dealt with issues such as cyber sexual predators, prescription drug abuse and “deadbeat dads.” The Florida Sheriffs Task Force also is the point of contact for statewide initiatives, including helping to staff the State Emergency Operations Center and coordinating sheriff offices responding to storm-ravaged communities during hurricanes and other catastrophic disasters.
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th