|Published:||Oct 25, 2012 2:25 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 25, 2012 4:08 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A three-acre brush fire burned on Goggin Rd. and Palm Beach Blvd. in Alva Thursday afternoon. It was a prescribed burn that jumped lines and entered a preserve.
As crews worked to fight it, a large amount of smoke filled the air, causing concern.
No homes are in danger.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti