|Published:||Oct 23, 2012 3:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 23, 2012 3:12 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The victim of a crash that happened Monday on the new Metro Parkway extension has been identified as 56-year-old David Vanaman. Vanaman suffered life-threatening injuries in the crash.
Deputies believe a creme colored Lexus or Toyota SUV may have played a contributing factor in the accident and are still looking to speak to the driver, identified as a white female in her 50's with brown hair.
At approximately 1:30 p.m., witnesses say a vehicle pulled into the intersection of Michael G. Rippe Parkway and Briarcliff Road and stopped in the path of a motor scooter. Vanaman took the bike down to avoid a collision and suffered serious injuries.
Witnesses say the driver then drove off, headed eastbound on Briarcliff Road.
If you are that person or know who that person is, call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at 477-1000.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.