|Published:||Oct 23, 2012 3:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 23, 2012 3:12 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The victim of a crash that happened Monday on the new Metro Parkway extension has been identified as 56-year-old David Vanaman. Vanaman suffered life-threatening injuries in the crash.
Deputies believe a creme colored Lexus or Toyota SUV may have played a contributing factor in the accident and are still looking to speak to the driver, identified as a white female in her 50's with brown hair.
At approximately 1:30 p.m., witnesses say a vehicle pulled into the intersection of Michael G. Rippe Parkway and Briarcliff Road and stopped in the path of a motor scooter. Vanaman took the bike down to avoid a collision and suffered serious injuries.
Witnesses say the driver then drove off, headed eastbound on Briarcliff Road.
If you are that person or know who that person is, call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at 477-1000.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman