LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- It was a terrifying moment for two teenage girls. They were alone at a Lehigh Acres home when three men tried to break in. Their quick thinking helped Lee County deputies catch the burglars.
"Me and my friend were sleeping and someone was banging on the door and we went to check to see who it was an I didn't know who it was," said 17- year old Cory Brunelle. The teenager and her friend were home sick from school. They thought the person banging Morning morning was a solicitor.
Meantime, the suspects had surrounded their home and one of them shattered this window trying to get inside.
Cory said, "We have to leave. We have to get out of here- so we ran out the back door."
Once the teens were safe at the neighbor's home they called 911.
"I described what their car looked like and what the two people I saw looked like," said Cory.
Those crucial details, helped deputies arrest Herbert Mcbride, Larry Mcbride and Jason Washington-just a few streets away from Cory's home.
"It was just scary. I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else. I am glad we caught them," she said.
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- FMPD on the scene at Bernwood Cove Apartments
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- 2 bodies found in Chassahowitzka Forest in Fla.
- Fla. Gov. vetoes nearly $400 million from budget