|Published:||Oct 23, 2012 5:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 23, 2012 5:05 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Florida is one of the leading states in the nation that is adding new construction jobs.
In our area, it is new home construction that is taking off. Just last month, Lee County saw a dramatic rise in new home building permit requests. 55 permits were requested and just 27 were requested the same month of last year.
Collier county has also seen a 30 percent rise in permit requests in the last year.
Now the demand is high for skilled construction workers.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community