|Published:||Oct 23, 2012 5:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 23, 2012 5:05 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Florida is one of the leading states in the nation that is adding new construction jobs.
In our area, it is new home construction that is taking off. Just last month, Lee County saw a dramatic rise in new home building permit requests. 55 permits were requested and just 27 were requested the same month of last year.
Collier county has also seen a 30 percent rise in permit requests in the last year.
Now the demand is high for skilled construction workers.
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash