|Published:||Oct 23, 2012 5:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 23, 2012 5:05 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Florida is one of the leading states in the nation that is adding new construction jobs.
In our area, it is new home construction that is taking off. Just last month, Lee County saw a dramatic rise in new home building permit requests. 55 permits were requested and just 27 were requested the same month of last year.
Collier county has also seen a 30 percent rise in permit requests in the last year.
Now the demand is high for skilled construction workers.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- Fla. man dies after crashing into moving train