LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Dunbar Middle School received a threat that caused an evacuated Monday afternoon, according to Lee County Schools.
On October 22nd at approximately 3:15p.m., the Lee County Sheriffs Office responded to a 911 call at Dunbar Middle School located at 4750 Winkler Avenue in Fort Myers.
School administrators reported they received a call claiming there was a bomb in the school. They relayed the information to the appropriate personnel and the school was immediately evacuated.
Deputies on scene diverted traffic from the immediate area and secured the premises. Members of the bomb squad and K9 were prepared to respond, but neither unit was deployed as faculty and deputies were able to gather information which revealed there was no device in the school. Students returned to class and only experienced a minor delay in dismissal time.
A juvenile was arrested.
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond
- SWFL man's dream vacation turns into nightmare