|Published:||Oct 22, 2012 5:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2012 5:36 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Lee County deputies want to speak with a driver who may have been a contributing factor in a serious accident that occurred on the new Metro Parkway extension now known as Michael G. Rippe Parkway.
At approximately 1:30 p.m., witnesses say a vehicle pulled into the intersection of Michael G. Rippe Parkway and Briarcliff Road and stopped in the path of a motor scooter. The rider of the scooter, a white male in his mid-50's, took the bike down to avoid a collision and suffered serious injuries.
Witnesses say the driver then drove off, headed eastbound on Briarcliff Road. The driver is described as a white female in her 50's with brown hair. She was driving a mid-size to large SUV, possibly a Lexus or Toyota.
Deputies want to speak with this woman. If you are that person or know who that person is, call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at 477-1000.
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- LCEC's portable substation can restore power to thousands
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident
- Hillsborough County approves incentives for Amazon