|Published:||Oct 22, 2012 5:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2012 5:36 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Lee County deputies want to speak with a driver who may have been a contributing factor in a serious accident that occurred on the new Metro Parkway extension now known as Michael G. Rippe Parkway.
At approximately 1:30 p.m., witnesses say a vehicle pulled into the intersection of Michael G. Rippe Parkway and Briarcliff Road and stopped in the path of a motor scooter. The rider of the scooter, a white male in his mid-50's, took the bike down to avoid a collision and suffered serious injuries.
Witnesses say the driver then drove off, headed eastbound on Briarcliff Road. The driver is described as a white female in her 50's with brown hair. She was driving a mid-size to large SUV, possibly a Lexus or Toyota.
Deputies want to speak with this woman. If you are that person or know who that person is, call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at 477-1000.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years