|Published:||Oct 22, 2012 1:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2012 6:04 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The new Metro Parkway Extension just opened yesterday and already, there has been a crash with injuries. A man on a scooter was taken away by ambulance in the accident that happened on Briarcliff Rd. at Ten Mile Dr. Monday afternoon.
The victim has non-life threatening injuries, but his condition is otherwise unknown.
Nearby residents knew there would be a problem on this road. DOT officials tell them there needs to be a study before a light can be put in. Some fear a life will be lost ebfore a study is completed.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run
- Baby born on side of expressway in Miami
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Scott touring Miami port dredging operation