|Published:||Oct 22, 2012 1:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2012 6:04 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The new Metro Parkway Extension just opened yesterday and already, there has been a crash with injuries. A man on a scooter was taken away by ambulance in the accident that happened on Briarcliff Rd. at Ten Mile Dr. Monday afternoon.
The victim has non-life threatening injuries, but his condition is otherwise unknown.
Nearby residents knew there would be a problem on this road. DOT officials tell them there needs to be a study before a light can be put in. Some fear a life will be lost ebfore a study is completed.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space