|Published:||Oct 19, 2012 8:56 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2012 8:56 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Thousands of "zombies" will be crawling the streets of Downtown Fort Myers for the annual sci-fi convention known as Zombicon.
The event celebrates the 80's horror film Day of the Dead, part of which was filmed in Fort Myers River District and on Sanibel.
This year's event kicks off with a "Premature Burial" party at Harborside Event Center Friday from 6-11 PM.
Tickets can be purchased at the Harborside box office or online.
The two-day event features live music, costume contests, and a world record attempt during the Saturday night street fest.
Events start at 10:00 Saturday and Sunday morning. For a complete list of times and activities, click here.
- LCSO searches for missing Fort Myers teen
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- Fort Myers Police investigating shooting.
- Driver dies after crashing into Cape Coral home
- Yankee Candle recalls product due to risk of fire
- Free bee removal for a woman after a year of heartache
- Bicyclist remains in critical condition after morning crash
- Builders Care gives Fort Myers man new home for Christmas
- Man crashes into store while allegedly under the influence
- Suspect tries to use stolen credit card at seveal locations