|Published:||Oct 19, 2012 3:28 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2012 4:36 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- Melissa Bailey was sentenced to two concurrent life sentences on Friday after being found guilty of sexual assault on an 18-month-old child in August. Bailey was also sentenced to an additional 35 years.
Her attorney, Joe Lombardo, plans to appeal.
Bailey's defense tried, unsuccessfully, to argue for an insanity plea during the trial, based on brain surgery Bailey had as a child.
Her boyfriend at the time, Glenn Nelson, took a plea deal for his involvement in the case and is serving time in state prison.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo