|Published:||Oct 19, 2012 10:30 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2012 10:30 AM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Ann Romney will take part in the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K.
The walk begins Saturday morning in Orlando.
Romney, the wife of Republican presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, is a breast cancer survivor.
A Florida spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee told the Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/S03oFF ) that Ann Romney chose to walk in Orlando because fighting the illness is important to her and Florida is an important swing state for her husband.
The fundraising walk will take place at Orlando's Lake Eola Park.
Information from: Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Warrants detail accusations in Jameis Winston case
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes