|Published:||Oct 19, 2012 10:30 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2012 10:30 AM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Ann Romney will take part in the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K.
The walk begins Saturday morning in Orlando.
Romney, the wife of Republican presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, is a breast cancer survivor.
A Florida spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee told the Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/S03oFF ) that Ann Romney chose to walk in Orlando because fighting the illness is important to her and Florida is an important swing state for her husband.
The fundraising walk will take place at Orlando's Lake Eola Park.
Information from: Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- LCEC's portable substation can restore power to thousands
- Beach-goers keeping an eye on the waves in the Gulf
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident