|Published:||Oct 18, 2012 1:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2012 1:38 PM EDT|
STARKE, Fla. (AP) - Deputies in Bradford County say a 2-year-old boy apparently fell through the broken lid of a septic tank and died.
The Florida Times Union reports the boy was found dead inside the tank after going missing from his Starke home Wednesday evening.
Sheriff's Capt. Carol Starling says family members called 911 after searching for Aiden Wyatt Howard on their own for about an hour.
Officials say the boy must have slipped through a hole in the concrete lit covering the septic tank.
Officials with the sheriff's office, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the medical examiner and the Department of Children and Families are investigating the death.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer