|Published:||Oct 18, 2012 7:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2012 11:48 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY-Fla.-Dr. Zannos Grekos took the stand today during the hearing over the suspension of his medical license. He was tight lipped and said very few words.
His mother, Effie Grekos took the stand as well
Earlier, Cardiology expert Doctor Patrick Mathias testified for more than six hours.
The defense tried to poked holes in Dr. Mathias' testimony. They also called two men to testify. Dr. Grekos performed a stem cell procedure on one of the men. The other had a stem cell procedure performed by Grekos' staff.
A Collier County EMS worker who responded to the call Dr. Grekos patient made while she was having a stroke also testified today.
The defense also presented signed consent forms that said the stem cell procedure was a new and novel technique and could result in the risk of stroke and death.
Testimony continues tomorrow here at the Collier County courthouse.
It's expected to be the final day.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors