|Published:||Oct 17, 2012 5:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 17, 2012 6:02 PM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS-Fla.-The Leitner Neighborhood Park will be built on an acre of land on Imperial Parkway just north of East Terry Street. Plans show it will feature a 16-hundred square foot pavilion, a conference room, basketball courts, state of the art property security and more.
"We will have a kids play area, an outdoor patio with grills, water fountains, parking," said Café of Life volunteer, Jay Arend.
The neighborhod park will be open to Bonita Springs residents 85% of the time. Café of Life volunteers will be serving meals to low income families for the remaining 15% of the time.
Arend said, "We have taken steps to make sure when the people are done eating they leave this area. The Sheriff's Dept. will offer extra patrols and when the people are done eating they will make sure people don't linger."
But, some people who live nearby say the project will bring an unwelcome crowd to their community.
Before this project is a done deal, there will be at least two more public hearings.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- No charges in Jameis Winston sex assault case
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes