|Published:||Oct 17, 2012 11:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2012 12:10 AM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- Lee County sheriff's deputies have suspended a search for two home invasion suspects after spending more than an hour looking for them. Deputies said the crime happened on the 4000 block of Springs Lane in Bonita Springs just before 9 p.m. Thursday. Deputies did not find the suspects.
Officials said the victim had just returned home from work when the suspects, dressed in black, forced their way into the home. They showed a weapon and the victim gave the suspects an undisclosed amount of money. They then left.
The victim was not injured.
This is the second home invasion in Bonita Springs in less than 24 hours, but deputies tell WINK News this is an isolated incident and the two home invasions are not related.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend