|Published:||Oct 17, 2012 11:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2012 12:10 AM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- Lee County sheriff's deputies have suspended a search for two home invasion suspects after spending more than an hour looking for them. Deputies said the crime happened on the 4000 block of Springs Lane in Bonita Springs just before 9 p.m. Thursday. Deputies did not find the suspects.
Officials said the victim had just returned home from work when the suspects, dressed in black, forced their way into the home. They showed a weapon and the victim gave the suspects an undisclosed amount of money. They then left.
The victim was not injured.
This is the second home invasion in Bonita Springs in less than 24 hours, but deputies tell WINK News this is an isolated incident and the two home invasions are not related.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage