NEW YORK (AP) - Disney on Wednesday announced a new program for 2013 in which guests will encounter surprise weekly themes at Disney parks in Florida and California.
The new program, "Limited Time Magic," was being announced at a morning event in Times Square where Disney also unveiled a three-story castle made of ice.
"Limited Time Magic" was described as "52 weeks of magical experiences big and small that appear, then disappear as the next special surprise debuts." For example, a weeklong Valentine's Day celebration might include pink lighting on Disney castles, surprise meet-and-greets with Disney characters and candlelit dinners for lovebirds.
Other plans include a weeklong Fourth of July party, a "Long Lost Friends Week" featuring lesser-known Disney characters, and Pirate Week.
The ice castle symbolizes the fleeting nature of the program.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th