|Published:||Oct 17, 2012 7:48 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 17, 2012 7:48 AM EDT|
NEW YORK (AP) - Disney on Wednesday announced a new program for 2013 in which guests will encounter surprise weekly themes at Disney parks in Florida and California.
The new program, "Limited Time Magic," was being announced at a morning event in Times Square where Disney also unveiled a three-story castle made of ice.
"Limited Time Magic" was described as "52 weeks of magical experiences big and small that appear, then disappear as the next special surprise debuts." For example, a weeklong Valentine's Day celebration might include pink lighting on Disney castles, surprise meet-and-greets with Disney characters and candlelit dinners for lovebirds.
Other plans include a weeklong Fourth of July party, a "Long Lost Friends Week" featuring lesser-known Disney characters, and Pirate Week.
The ice castle symbolizes the fleeting nature of the program.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU