|Published:||Oct 15, 2012 6:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 15, 2012 6:17 AM EDT|
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (AP) - The two people who died in a weekend plane crash in central Florida have been identified.
Authorities say 60-year-old Suzanne Broadbelt of Zephyrhills died at the scene of the Sunday morning crash near Winter Haven. Sixty-one-year-old Gary Lawrence of Inverness was taken to Lakeland Regional Medical Center, where he died a short time later.
The Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation and Safety Board will conduct an investigation to determine the cause of the crash.
Winter Haven police say the pilot of the Airborne Windsport experimental aircraft was performing touch and go maneuvers when the plane hit the ground, flipped and slid almost 200 feet. There was a wind gust, which police say could have played a factor in the crash.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors