|Published:||Oct 15, 2012 6:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 15, 2012 6:17 AM EDT|
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (AP) - The two people who died in a weekend plane crash in central Florida have been identified.
Authorities say 60-year-old Suzanne Broadbelt of Zephyrhills died at the scene of the Sunday morning crash near Winter Haven. Sixty-one-year-old Gary Lawrence of Inverness was taken to Lakeland Regional Medical Center, where he died a short time later.
The Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation and Safety Board will conduct an investigation to determine the cause of the crash.
Winter Haven police say the pilot of the Airborne Windsport experimental aircraft was performing touch and go maneuvers when the plane hit the ground, flipped and slid almost 200 feet. There was a wind gust, which police say could have played a factor in the crash.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft