|Published:||Oct 14, 2012 11:22 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 14, 2012 11:22 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a crash involving a Lee County deputy that happened just before 7:00 Sunday morning.
George Engren, 44 of Fort Myers was driving a Lee County Sheriff's Office patrol car at the time of the crash.
Engren was traveling north in emergency mode on Vernoica Shoemaker Blvd. towards Winkler Ave., according to reports.
Troopers say Engren stopped, activated the siren and pulled into the intersection when the cruiser struck a vehicle heading west on Winkler Ave.
Engren and the driver of the other vehicle, Nicholas Marciano, 63 of Naples were taken to Lee Memorial Hospital with minor injuries.
Two passengers were not injured.
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Rollover shuts down part of SB I-75 at Colonial
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- Man accused in 2012 Three Oaks murder appears in court