|Published:||Oct 14, 2012 10:42 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 14, 2012 10:42 AM EDT|
CEDAR KEY, Fla. (AP) - The father of a missing University of Florida student is helping investigators determine whether a body found in rural Levy County is that of his son.
Gainesville Police say they are assisting the Levy County Sheriff's Office after a body was found Friday in Cedar Key, but no further information has been released.
The Miami Herald reports that Carlos Aguilar travelled from Miami to meet with investigators after being told the body matched the description of his son, 18-year-old Christian Aguilar. He was last seen in Gainesville with his friend, 18-year-old Pedro Bravo, who has been charged with first-degree murder.
Police say Bravo told them he beat Aguilar unconscious and left him in a parking lot.
Aguilar's family posted on Facebook that forensics won't confirm any information until Tuesday.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- FBI involved in fatal shooting near Universal Orlando
- SOLD: Lee County school buildings
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- New Florida voting law
- Senate committee approves immigration bill