|Published:||Oct 13, 2012 6:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 13, 2012 6:10 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A crash involving a Florida Highway Patrol trooper blocked a portion of State Road 82/Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. in Fort Myers on Saturday afternoon.
The crash happened around 5:30 at the intersection with Veronica Shoemaker Boulevard. Two vehicles were involved, with debris left scattered on the roadway.
EMS crews on the scene told WINK News two people were taken to the hospital with minor injuries, including the state trooper.
The exact circumstances that led to the crash were not immediately clear.
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach