|Published:||Oct 13, 2012 8:54 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 13, 2012 9:24 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The community will come together to honor Jesse Watlington Saturday night. Watlington, a 6th grade student at Southwest Florida Christian Academy was struck by lightning on his way to football practice. He died 4 days later at Tampa General Hospital.
Watlington's jersey number 51 will be retired in a ceremony during half-time of Saturday's varsity football game between Southwest Florida Christian Academy and Evangelical Christian School.
Kickoff is 7 PM at Bishop Verot High School.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students