|Published:||Oct 13, 2012 8:54 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 13, 2012 9:24 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The community will come together to honor Jesse Watlington Saturday night. Watlington, a 6th grade student at Southwest Florida Christian Academy was struck by lightning on his way to football practice. He died 4 days later at Tampa General Hospital.
Watlington's jersey number 51 will be retired in a ceremony during half-time of Saturday's varsity football game between Southwest Florida Christian Academy and Evangelical Christian School.
Kickoff is 7 PM at Bishop Verot High School.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage
- Naples man honored for using epilepsy to inspire others
- Fla. using federal grant money to settle lawsuit