|Published:||Oct 11, 2012 4:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2012 4:37 PM EDT|
EVERGLADES CITY, Fla.-A group of tourists got a ride they'll never forget. The airboat captains of competing companies in Everglades City got into a fight that landed them in gator-infested waters. WINK News got our hands on the exclusive video shot by a passenger. It shows Captain Henry Murphy being pulled into the water by Captain Javier Lescano. Moments before the fight in February, Captain Murphy of Everglades Island Boat Tours was nearly hit by Captain Javier Lescano of Captain Doug's. Murphy showed us his injuries back in February. He says after the near miss, Lescano hit his boat from behind.
"He grabbed my shirt. He ripped it. He pulled and we both fell into the water," said Murphy.
Women and children were on board. They weren't hurt but one man caught the whole thing on camera. Once back in the boat, Lescano apologized to his passengers. In court he pleaded no contest to reckless operation of a vessel and paid fines and court costs.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city