|Published:||Oct 11, 2012 7:49 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2012 10:21 AM EDT|
MATLACHA, FL - 88 year old Robert Hodge was only supposed to be picking up his boat at the Four Winds Marina after having it serviced. His widow, Beverly says Hodge told her he was taking his fishing pole and, "might do a little fishing", on his return to thier Blue Crab Key condo. When Robert did not return Beverly called 9-1-1. The Coast Guard, Florida Fish and Game commission and a host of local agencies responded and searched a 50 square mile area off of the northern tip of Pine Island. Hodge's body was found at around 9 am Wednesday morning in the water in an area near where his boat was found earlier. The medical examiner will determine the cause of death. Investigators say at this point, foul play is not suspected.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses