|Published:||Oct 11, 2012 11:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2012 11:29 PM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE, Fla.-A Golden Gate man has been charged with second-degree murder in connection with the Aug. 4 death of 25-year-old Ernest Torres Jr., also of Golden Gate.
23-year-old Abraham Eckman was arrested Thursday afternoon at the Naples Jail Center, where he has been in custody since Aug. 6 on a charge of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Detectives say Eckman shot Torres shortly before 5 a.m. through Torres' bedroom window on the 2200 block of 54th Terrace S.W.
Detectives were in contact with Eckman early in the investigation and learned that he had guns at his home. Due to a 2006 felony drug conviction he is not allowed to own guns.
Acting on a search warrant on Aug. 6, deputies found a gun at Eckman's house and took him into custody.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend