|Published:||Oct 11, 2012 11:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2012 11:29 PM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE, Fla.-A Golden Gate man has been charged with second-degree murder in connection with the Aug. 4 death of 25-year-old Ernest Torres Jr., also of Golden Gate.
23-year-old Abraham Eckman was arrested Thursday afternoon at the Naples Jail Center, where he has been in custody since Aug. 6 on a charge of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Detectives say Eckman shot Torres shortly before 5 a.m. through Torres' bedroom window on the 2200 block of 54th Terrace S.W.
Detectives were in contact with Eckman early in the investigation and learned that he had guns at his home. Due to a 2006 felony drug conviction he is not allowed to own guns.
Acting on a search warrant on Aug. 6, deputies found a gun at Eckman's house and took him into custody.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners