|Published:||Oct 11, 2012 7:25 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2012 7:25 PM EDT|
NAPLES-Fla.-"It just did not look right to me," said Charlie Splithoff. He kept his eyes peeled on his neighbor's home across the street as a burglary was in progress.
The Collier County Sheriff's office said a burglar broke in yesterday morning. The elderly homeowner was inside at the time. She managed to knock on a window and frighten him off. "It couldn't have been five minutes after that that they come running out of the house. They jumped into a car almost took out her mailbox and took off toward the trail," said Splitoff.
"I just figured it wasn't quite right and wrote down the license number and the car description and all of that and when the boys showed up I pulled out the piece of paper with all the info and I have never seen a police man get so excited in my life!" he said.
Collir County Investigators used that license plate to track the vehicle. They spotted it on 1-75 near Pine Ridge Road last night. 18 year old Sirise Frantz is charged with burglary to an occupied dwelling.
Splithoff said, "They caught the guy. That is the best part they got him."
Authorities are now investigating to see if this burglary is connected to others in the area.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Motorcycle crash blocks Nelson Rd. at Tropicana Pkwy.
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore