|Published:||Oct 11, 2012 7:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2012 7:45 PM EDT|
NAPLES-Fla.-"I am just feeling hurt now," said victim Arcelyn Tidor. Tuesday night the Collier County Sheriffs Office says Farol Hyppolite attacked Tidor with a machete.
"He went back like this and pulled his hand and pummelled me I am just shocked and the third hit cut my finger," said Tidor.
Tidor said the attack severed his tendon and bone-nearly cutting that finger completely off. Two other fingers were also injured.
Collier County investigators say Hyppolite showed up at Shauna Tidor's graduation party. He was uninvited and stole four beers-that's what sparked an argument between the two men. It ended with the machette attack.
Tidor said, "It is stupid. It is stupid. He had no reason to do that. Everyone was relaxed and quiet. There was no trouble and for him to do something like that..."
His daughter is sad her graduation party had to end this way. Shauna Tidor said, "It was shocking-not what I expected."
Tidor head back to the hospital next week. At that time he will find out if he needs surgery.
Hyppolite is charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013