|Published:||Oct 11, 2012 6:27 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2012 2:34 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.-- Friends and family of 11-year-old Jesse Watlington said their final goodbyes Thursday.
Watlington was a 6th grader at Southwest Florida Christian Academy, where he played on the football team.
Watlington was struck to lightning while walking to practice last Wednesday. He was taken off of life support at Tampa General Hospital on Sunday.
A memorial service was held for Jesse Watlington at McGregor Baptist Church on Colonial Boulevard.
The public viewing and service was open to the public. Southwest Florida Christian Academy students were released from school at noon to attend.
SFCA games have been postponed to next week.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve