|Published:||Oct 11, 2012 10:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2012 10:44 PM EDT|
Lehigh Acres, Fl. - A 2-year-old Lehigh Acres boy is in critical condition Thursday night at the Children's Hospital of South West Florida at Health Park according to the nursing supervisor.
It's after Lee County deputies say his mother found him floating in the family pool.
"It's one of your worst nightmares for something like that to happen to one of your babies," says neighbor Valerie Rivera.
Mother of three and neighbor, Valerie Rivera says, she cant imagine the tragedy that happened Thursday morning. Lee County deputies say, Rebecca Osceola found her 2-year-old son unconscious in their pool.
"They're always together, he's always well taken care of you know I always see baby stuff and you know they're really close," Rivera adds.
Osceola told deputies she was in the shower and turned away for a minute before making the terrifying discovery.
"I cant believe it because she's usually got him right there all the time," the neighbor adds.
Deputies say when they got on scene, the 2-year-old was not breathing and was unconscious. His step dad had run next door for help and was giving the child mouth to mouth. When EMS arrived they took the little boy to the hospital.
"I just hope he's okay," Rivera says.
Detectives believe this was an accident but the Department of Children and Families is investigating.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week