|Published:||Oct 10, 2012 5:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 10, 2012 5:49 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - An embarrassing mistake by the Governor has Florida residents making a naughty phone call.
While updating Florida residents on the state's Fungal Meningitis outbreak, the Governor thought he was giving out the phone number to the state's hotline. It was a sex line instead.
The mistake was discovered by a citizen after they read a story on Tampa Public Radio station WUSF's website.
The recording on the other end answers "hello boys, thanks for calling on my anniversary."
The Governor's office says the correct number has been available for several days and that he inadvertently gave the incorrect number. He corrected himself during the same meeting with the Florida Cabinet.
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire displaces family
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- Officials: Up to 20 whales moved to deeper water
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes