|Published:||Oct 10, 2012 12:04 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 10, 2012 12:13 AM EDT|
ESTERO, Fla.- Florida Gulf Coast University volleyball coach Dave Nichols has been suspended for three games after he was arrested early Sunday morning. The Lee County Sheriff's Office says Nichols was taken to jail for driving under the influence.
WINK News spoke with FGCU Athletic Director Ken Kavanagh Tuesday night. He says this is the first time he's dealt with an issue like this with a coach. So, he applied the same punishment that he would to a player. That includes a minimum suspension of 10% of the season. In this case, that equals out to three games.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral