|Published:||Oct 10, 2012 6:54 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2012 12:48 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla. -- New details on a fire that's damaged several residences at the Naples Bath and Tennis Club. WINK News has learned this is not the first fire there this year.
This is the second fire this year at the Naples Bath and Tennis Club. The fire on Wednesday morning destroyed two units on the third floor and caused smoke and water damage to several others.
One homeowner said she woke up to a smoke filled apartment but she didn't see any flames. She said another neighbor went outside and saw all the smoke and called 911.
"We were in our nightgowns. They evacuated us. Nothing can be saved I don't think," said Mary Amador, fire victim.
Amador will stay with family members. The Red Cross is assisting the other family displaced.
The fire department is still investigating the cause of the blaze. Firefighters tell us the fire started between the attic and walls on the third floor and spread from there.
The fire department also says the age of the building and material it's made out of poses problems.
The fire at the Naples Bath and Tennis Club in May was at the building right next door. That blaze was much bigger, and displaced 20 people. That building is now under construction.
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- Enhanced lightning detection on Sanibel Island
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- State Board of Education to get legislative update