|Published:||Oct 09, 2012 2:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 09, 2012 2:42 PM EDT|
Lee co. commissioner Frank Mann is calling on co. manager Karen Hawes to resign at once, or face possible firing as soon as next week. Hawes has been sharply criticized during the Medstar shut-down.
"I appreciate her work for the county for 25 years, but this is a time for action. Citizens are accosting me, saying, when are you going to do something about the management," said Mann.
"I cannot comment, I am under legal advice," replied Hawes.
If she is fired, or quits at the request of the county board, Hawes would receive 1-year's pay as severance. That is $170-thousand. She'd also get cash for un-used sick time and holidays.
Her contract is set to run another 2 years, until Sept. 30 2014.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776