|Published:||Oct 09, 2012 11:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 09, 2012 11:46 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.-A former bank teller with the First Community Bank was arrested for stealing more than $100,000 from January 2011 to August 2011. The bank is located on Daniels Parkway in Lee County,
According to detectives, Sarah Katherine Stone became the subject of an extensive investigation after auditors discovered her teller drawer was short by at least $2,000 on August 30, 2011. During the audit, the former head teller at the bank excused herself to use the restroom and took off.
Detectives also said she was stealing from customers by cashing altering checks.
Stone was arrested on Monday at her home in Delray Beach and will be transported to Lee County soon.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students