|Published:||Oct 09, 2012 11:12 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 09, 2012 11:12 AM EDT|
ESTERO, Fla. -- The Estero Fire Department tells WINK News, an investigation into the cause of a late night fire in Estero on Monday night determined that the fire started in the garage.
Firefighters say a small car, known as a Smart Car, was plugged in to a battery charger. The charger caught the small car on fire which then quickly spread to the garage and contents and then moved to the attic space. It happened at 20004 Montessa Court.
Firefighters were able to stop the fire before it engulfed the entire home, saving the main living quarters. Estimated damages are at $200,000 of the estimated value of the $500,000 home.
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- SWFL residents join in March Against Monsanto
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- 90 acre brush fire in Charlotte County
- Immokalee man bites another mans ear off
- FWC hits water during 'Busiest Boating Weekend'