|Published:||Oct 09, 2012 11:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 10, 2012 6:15 AM EDT|
BOKEELIA, Fla.- The Coast Guard continues to search Wednesday for an 88-year-old, Bokeelia resident who was last seen departing Four Winds Marina Tuesday.
Missing is Robert Hodge, resident of Bokeelia, Fla., last seen wearing a white shirt and tan pants.
Hodge’s wife contacted Coast Guard Station Fort Myers Beach watchstanders at approximately 9:45 p.m., Tuesday, reporting her husband is aboard a 17-foot recreational boat, and he did not arrive before sunset as expected.
Fort Myers Beach watchstanders relayed the call to personnel at Sector St. Petersburg Command Center who immediately issued an urgent marine information broadcast, and launched an MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter crew from Air Station Clearwater to the scene. Station Fort Myers Beach small boat crews were also launched to assist in the search.
Cape Coral Marine Unit located Hodge’s vessel approximately two miles from his home, floating in the mangroves in about 2-feet of water on the northeast side of Pine Island near Smokehouse Bay. The vessel's keys were in the ignition; however, Hodge was not aboard the vessel.
Anyone with information regarding the overdue boater is encouraged to contact the Sector St. Petersburg command center at 727-824-7506.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft