|Published:||Oct 09, 2012 11:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 10, 2012 6:15 AM EDT|
BOKEELIA, Fla.- The Coast Guard continues to search Wednesday for an 88-year-old, Bokeelia resident who was last seen departing Four Winds Marina Tuesday.
Missing is Robert Hodge, resident of Bokeelia, Fla., last seen wearing a white shirt and tan pants.
Hodge’s wife contacted Coast Guard Station Fort Myers Beach watchstanders at approximately 9:45 p.m., Tuesday, reporting her husband is aboard a 17-foot recreational boat, and he did not arrive before sunset as expected.
Fort Myers Beach watchstanders relayed the call to personnel at Sector St. Petersburg Command Center who immediately issued an urgent marine information broadcast, and launched an MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter crew from Air Station Clearwater to the scene. Station Fort Myers Beach small boat crews were also launched to assist in the search.
Cape Coral Marine Unit located Hodge’s vessel approximately two miles from his home, floating in the mangroves in about 2-feet of water on the northeast side of Pine Island near Smokehouse Bay. The vessel's keys were in the ignition; however, Hodge was not aboard the vessel.
Anyone with information regarding the overdue boater is encouraged to contact the Sector St. Petersburg command center at 727-824-7506.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges
- LCEC warning customers about customer service imposters