|Published:||Oct 09, 2012 10:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 09, 2012 10:51 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, FL - Kurt Prill says he went to GATORZ bar and grill on Tamiami Trail for lunch on Monday. Prill says while sitting at the bar his pinkey ring, valued at more than 56 thousand dollars, slipped off of his finger and rolled on the floor. While patrons and restaurant staff looked for the ring, Prill says one man wasn't helping at all. Prill says video surveillance from the restaurant's cameras showed why. Prill says Brian Cooney put his foot on the ring while everyone was searching and later pocketed the valuable ring. Charlotte County Deputies went to Cooney's home where he admitted having the ring and returned it to law enforcement. He was arrested and taken to the Charlotte county jail where he is being held on 25 thousand dollar bail.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in suspicious North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft