|Published:||Oct 08, 2012 10:12 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 08, 2012 10:12 AM EDT|
POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A 3-year-old boy was struck and killed by a car in front of a Pompano Beach hotel.
Broward Sheriff's officials say Deshae Gordon was with his grandmother Sunday morning when he went into the path of a van driven by 50-year-old Abaner Penetus. The crash occurred in front of The Forum Hotel in Pompano Beach.
Pompano Beach Fire Rescue officials took the child to Holy Cross Hospital where he died shortly after noon.
BSO's traffic homicide detectives are investigating the crash.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident