|Published:||Oct 08, 2012 10:12 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 08, 2012 10:12 AM EDT|
POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A 3-year-old boy was struck and killed by a car in front of a Pompano Beach hotel.
Broward Sheriff's officials say Deshae Gordon was with his grandmother Sunday morning when he went into the path of a van driven by 50-year-old Abaner Penetus. The crash occurred in front of The Forum Hotel in Pompano Beach.
Pompano Beach Fire Rescue officials took the child to Holy Cross Hospital where he died shortly after noon.
BSO's traffic homicide detectives are investigating the crash.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples