|Published:||Oct 08, 2012 10:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 08, 2012 3:59 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office advises that S.R. 31, near Neal Road, has re-opened after a rollover of a semi-truck carrying mulch.
CCSO received the call at 7:49 a.m. CCFD/EMS crews extricated the driver, 51-year-old Paul McMillan, from the vehicle at 9:59 a.m.
AeroMed was called and took the driver to Lee Memorial Hospital Trauma Unit at 10:04 a.m. A Towing vehicle and FHP are also on scene while deputies reroute traffic.
McMillan was traveling south on SR 31 and failed to observe a slower vehicle (a farm tractor) in front of him. McMillan veered to the left and into the northbound lane. He oversteered, causing the truck to travel onto the east shoulder and overturn.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- SOLD: Lee County school buildings
- New Florida voting law
- Cape woman keeps track of OK friends, family
- Senate committee approves immigration bill