|Published:||Oct 08, 2012 10:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 08, 2012 3:59 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office advises that S.R. 31, near Neal Road, has re-opened after a rollover of a semi-truck carrying mulch.
CCSO received the call at 7:49 a.m. CCFD/EMS crews extricated the driver, 51-year-old Paul McMillan, from the vehicle at 9:59 a.m.
AeroMed was called and took the driver to Lee Memorial Hospital Trauma Unit at 10:04 a.m. A Towing vehicle and FHP are also on scene while deputies reroute traffic.
McMillan was traveling south on SR 31 and failed to observe a slower vehicle (a farm tractor) in front of him. McMillan veered to the left and into the northbound lane. He oversteered, causing the truck to travel onto the east shoulder and overturn.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend