|Published:||Oct 08, 2012 10:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 08, 2012 3:59 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office advises that S.R. 31, near Neal Road, has re-opened after a rollover of a semi-truck carrying mulch.
CCSO received the call at 7:49 a.m. CCFD/EMS crews extricated the driver, 51-year-old Paul McMillan, from the vehicle at 9:59 a.m.
AeroMed was called and took the driver to Lee Memorial Hospital Trauma Unit at 10:04 a.m. A Towing vehicle and FHP are also on scene while deputies reroute traffic.
McMillan was traveling south on SR 31 and failed to observe a slower vehicle (a farm tractor) in front of him. McMillan veered to the left and into the northbound lane. He oversteered, causing the truck to travel onto the east shoulder and overturn.
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Pod of whales beach themselves along Everglades shore
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Accused robber shoots self before arrest
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Fla. cities lead nation in high-end foreclosures
- Officials lift Martin County dengue fever advisory
- Man accused in GCTC shooting appears before a judge