|Published:||Oct 08, 2012 10:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 08, 2012 5:43 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The victim of an overnight shooting Sunday at the Tarpon Street Pier has been identified, but police are attempting to notify the family before releasing the name.
At 2:50 a.m., the Fort Myers Police Department received a call in reference to a man lying on the pier.
A couple walking in the area made the discovery. Police and Emergency Medical Services responded and was pronounced dead on the scene.
A possible suspect has also been identified.
Police are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the death. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Pilot whales stranded in Everglades National Park
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Accused robber shoots self before arrest
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Fla. cities lead nation in high-end foreclosures
- Former Cape mayoral candidate faces fraud charge