|Published:||Oct 07, 2012 10:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 07, 2012 10:37 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- If you're planning to drive near US 41 and Metro Parkway, there will be construction work starting on Sunday night.
US 41 will be closed to all traffic at the new Metro Parkway intersection (south of Alico Road) from 10 p.m. Sunday, October 7, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 8 while crews place a large signal structure over US 41 for this intersection.
Northbound and southbound drivers must use the detour along the frontage road west of US 41 from Alico Road/America Outdoors Road to Pharmacy Road (Sandy Parrot Tiki Bar and Grill driveway).
Preliminary traffic work begins at 5 p.m. for the nighttime/overnight detour starting at 10 p.m. on October 8. Once the signal structure is in place, flagmen will reopen US 41 to vehicles. Motorists should plan for and expect delays while the work occurs. Alternate routes are available depending on drivers' destinations.
Intermittent daytime lane closures on Alico Road are scheduled during the next two weeks while crews paint the bridge over Alico Road.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run